By the way, here some tips especially for the wannabe freshwater prawn grower :
- Pond size - medium 50m x 50m or 30m x 60m, easier for harvesting
- dept - water depth 2-4ft
- bund - please allow 2-4ft above the water level
- bund sides - 25 to 45 degree angle, easier when harvesting and cleaning
- water outlet - 8 inch diameter UPVC pipes at the lowest point
- water inlet - 6 inch diameter UPVC pipes with some filters
- Main water channel/drain must provide enough volume for rainy season
- Allow 5-10 ft wide of common shared bunds - when the pond is side by side - for failsafe design and easy for you to manuver around your ponds
- lastly, please think of how you can channel your inlet water, either using pumps or gravity flow using dam/(empangan).
I might change some of my udang galah business plan due to time factors and other business opportunity coming my way..but I will proceed with my existing ventures and will always write here in my blog..