Pages

Elmeena Aqua

This blog was created to help and assist new udang galah freshwater prawn farmers, suppliers and buyers which could generate healthy business and investing relations, targeting Johor, Malaysia areas. I hope the content in this blog is useful and I will upgrade more udang galah links and suppliers with our new WEBSITE, will post update soon...email me at elmee75@gmail.com if you got any enquiries.....please support the udang galah aquaculture farming community.



Monday, June 22, 2009

Pond Sizes

It been a while since I wrote here..its been very busy with the kids holidays and trying to make all my business plan a reality..

By the way, here some tips especially for the wannabe freshwater prawn grower :

  1. Pond size - medium 50m x 50m or 30m x 60m, easier for harvesting
  2. dept - water depth 2-4ft
  3. bund - please allow 2-4ft above the water level
  4. bund sides - 25 to 45 degree angle, easier when harvesting and cleaning
  5. water outlet - 8 inch diameter UPVC pipes at the lowest point
  6. water inlet - 6 inch diameter UPVC pipes with some filters
  7. Main water channel/drain must provide enough volume for rainy season
  8. Allow 5-10 ft wide of common shared bunds - when the pond is side by side - for failsafe design and easy for you to manuver around your ponds
  9. lastly, please think of how you can channel your inlet water, either using pumps or gravity flow using dam/(empangan).
Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any question/soalan related to this topics...

I might change some of my udang galah business plan due to time factors and other business opportunity coming my way..but I will proceed with my existing ventures and will always write here in my blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment